Goby is an object-oriented interpreter language deeply inspired by Ruby as well as its core implementation by 100% pure Go. Moreover, it has standard libraries to provide several features such as the Plugin system. Note that we do not intend to reproduce whole of the honorable works of Ruby syntax/implementation/libraries.
One of our goal is to provide web developers a sort of small and handy environment that mainly focusing on creating API servers or microservices. For this, Goby includes the following native features:
- Robust thread/channel mechanism powered by Go's goroutine
- Builtin high-performance HTTP server
- Builtin database library (currently only support PostgreSQL adapter)
- JSON support
- Plugin system that can load existing Go packages dynamically (Only for Linux by now)
- Accessing Go objects from Goby directly